The following mystical orders use the stats for generic Acolyte Mystics and Master Mystics, but each has their own unique features listed as Special.
Orders of Mystics
- The Vulcanized Pact believes that the Holy Mountain is rather a volcano, and summiting it would trigger an apocalyptic eruption. They employ various schemes to deceive mystics into blaspheming and straying from their path.
- They publicize the idea that the holy mountain is actually on a different sphere.
- They employ temptresses to dissuade believers from their path.
- They swap holy texts for similar but heretical ones, to trick devout mouths into uttering heresy.
- Special: Members of this order have the Spells Babble and Befuddle.
- Special: Members of this order have the Spells Shatter and Undo.
- Special: Members of this order have +1 Armour, deal damage as Axe, and have the spells Assassin's Dagger and Darksee.
- Special: Members of this order have +1 Armour and deal damage as Club.
- Special: Members of this order deal damage as Pistolet, and have the Spell Zed.
- Special: Members of this order have the spells Light, Jolt, and Flash.
Acolyte MysticSkill 6
Damage as knife
The acolyte has the Spells Exorcism, Presence, and Read Entrails.
Master MysticSkill 9
Damage as Staff
The master has the spells of an acolyte, plus Illusion and Levitate.
Now that we have a bunch of Mystical orders written up, we can plug them into random encounters with minimal effort. Here are some simple examples that can be made more interesting by rolling to determine the Orders and Mien of the Mystics:
- Two groups from different orders, composed of d6 Acolytes lead by a Master, converge on a large and deserted plaza.
- An Acolyte struggles with a stubborn sacred cow.
- d3 Acolytes vandalize the temple of another order. If the players have erected or seized a religious structure of their own, they are the victims.
- A pupilless Master Mystic attempts to take the players under their wing.